- Textual Task: Complete Q 5 (b, c, e and f), 7 and 10 of ch-7 in NB-1.
2. Reading and Understanding Task : Refer the lesson till p. 83 and write the answers of the following questions.
Q.1 What kinds of activities are prohibited in the protected areas?
Q.2 Name the two wild life sanctuaries of Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve.
Q.3 Name few flora and fauna of Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve.
Q.4 Name two endemic species each of flora and fauna of Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve.
Q.5 Define species.
Please go through the link
and do Q. 2 and additional question given as discussed in class.
- Vocabulary Task:
Write the following words three times in the NB-1 using the rule Look – Cover – Say- Check – Write.
Dessertification, afforestation, endangered, endemic, migration, consequences, Kaziranga, sanctuary, droughts, interrelationships, prohibited, inhospitable, encroach
[Time: 15 min MI: Verbal RBT: Knowledge]
2. Writing Task: Answer the Following questions-
- Write in points what are the consequences of deforestation?
- How does deforestation reduce rainfall on the one hand and lead to floods on the other?
- How are droughts caused?
- What is desertification?
- Define biosphere.
Textual Task: Complete the leftover questions in NB-2. Submit your NB-2 tomorrow without fail.
Note: Bring your science Journal tomorrow.
Write the Answers In NB-2
Reading and Writing Task: section 6.5, 6.6 and 6.7 answer the following in NB-2:
- Explain the structure of a flame with a diagram.
- Which zone of a flame does a goldsmith use for melting gold and silver and why?
- What is calorific value of a fuel?
- What are the characteristics of a good fuel?
- What do you mean by global warming?
- What is acid rain? List down its effects.
Note: Submit your NACH slip along with cancelled cheque by Monday (31/07/17). Ignore the message if submitted.
Application Task: Answer the following questions in Notebook 2:
- Which of the following are combustible materials: coal, salt, lime, alcohol, cooking gas?
- What is the minimum temperature at which a substance catches fire called?
- List conditions under which combustion can take place.
- Kerosene oil and wood do not catch fire on their own at room temperature. Why?
- We can boil water in a paper cup while paper catches fire easily. Explain the process.